Being a model citizen

A place where I can exercise my alter ego: model builder and modelmaker. Expect photos, scans, articles and links in the coming weeks

Sunday, August 27, 2006

F7U-3 Cutlass



I built this for a former employer who worked on the Chance Vought production line for the F7U Cutlass in the 1950s.



This is basically a stock Fujimi 1/72 Cutlass kit with minor weathering and pencil accent of the kit panel lines.



The display base is a scribed, painted piece of styrene sheet, and the entire rig was mounted in a clear display case.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Wow! A Cutlass! I never thought I'd ever see another one of those again. I slapped one together as a kid, this brings back some memories.

10/09/2006 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Make me nostalgic, you bastard! >H^D> My buddy in elementary school had an Aurora 'Gutless.'

This one's a Fujimi kit from the mid 1980's - tres nice on fit and detail. All I had to do was snad flat spots on the tires.

God I wish I had all those old Aurora kits again.

10/12/2006 04:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home